CAEPIPE helps you to rapidly design and analyze piping systems of any complexity with the least effort. It continues to be the easiest, fastest, most cost-effective, feature-rich and technologically peerless software tool in the pipe stress software market.
Learn more about
Modeling Features (this page)
Pipes, Elements, Components and Supports
Model straight pipes, elbows, bends, valves, concentric and eccentric reducers, tees, miters, rigid elements and more. External insulation and internal lining can be specified for pipes.
- Model expansion joints such as slip, ball, hinge, bellows (tied and untied), gimbal, and universal joints.
- Model Jacketed pipes and jacketed bends - specify separate temperatures and pressures, separate materials and sections for core and jacket pipes. Spiders and endcaps can be specified, too.
- Model cold springs, cut short or cut long
- Model beams and support structures. You can specify beta angles and end releases for beams. Shear deformation for beams is included, too.
- Support/Restraint types: Model anchor blocks, spring hangers, clevis hangers, constant support hangers, rod hangers, guide/pipe slide assemblies, sway braces, sway struts, vertical 1-way supports, 2-way restraints, U-Bolts,U-straps, clamps etc., using generic rigid/flexible support types. Model anchor and nozzle movements (thermal, seismic and settlement).
- CAEPIPE displays units for each item on the screen. You do not have to search for it on different screens as in some other programs. See example screen shot below.
- Locate nodes in the model in an instant by using the search node feature.
- Built-in SIF components library including B31 and ASME 2 and 3 components. User-SIF: Apply your own Stress Intensification Factor to override internally calculated SIF.
- Non-linearities. Model gaps using limit stops (such as in pipe slide/shoe assemblies), including friction in supports and expansion joints.
- Ability to model supports connected to other nodes.
- Flange report (allowable flange pressure and gasket diameter required).
- An itemized list of components/fittings such as bends, hangers, reducers etc. for quick review and editing.
Simple and Elegant User Interface
CAEPIPE has a well-designed user interface with drop down menus and descriptive dialog boxes that make for efficient modeling sessions.
Full Mouse Support — The Way You Expect
Full mouse support is provided in text and graphics screens. Just point and click on an element to edit its data. If you are a keyboard user, shortcuts are aplenty.
Interactive Graphics - Intuitive, Clean and Stunning
Pan, zoom, rotate, change viewpoints and more. Ideal in a two display unit system, CAEPIPE graphics can be on one and the text screens could be on the other, just like in an expensive CAD system.
Use this feature to pinpoint any component, view branch lines only, or view lines subject to a specific pressure/temperature.
Change material, temperature, pressure, pipe size and friction coefficient for a range of elements. Generate copies of existing pipelines in an instant with simultaneous graphics update. Rotate a whole or a part of a model about any axis in one operation. Add slope to a whole pipe run, and more.
Simultaneous Error Checking
CAEPIPE detects errors as they occur on the input screen (some programs report errors after you exit the input module).
Units in Combination
CAEPIPE allows you to keep all units in Metric or English or SI. You can customize each item (pressure, stiffness etc.) to have different units.
Many Piping Codes supported
- B31.1 (1967)
- ASME SIII Class 2
- BS 806
- CAN/CSA Z183
- CAN/CSA Z184
Fiber Reinforced Piping (FRP) Modeling
See Data Translators