- Pricing Request
- Download Free Evaluation
- Customer Support
- Design and Engineering
- INFOplant™ System
- Engineering Management
- List of Projects
- Project Gallery
PDMS to CAEPIPE
Input File: PDMS Neutral File (.n)
Output File: CAEPIPE Model File (.mbf)
PDMS2KP™ the PDMS-to-CAEPIPE Interface, is a stand-alone program for transferring pipe geometry including section properties from AVEVA's Plant Design Management System (PDMS) to SST's Pipe Stress Analysis software CAEPIPE.
The PDMS2KP Interface converts the 3D piping model in PDMS format into an intermediate neutral file. PDMS material specifications used are then compared against the mapping files that are provided along with the PDMS2KP Interface to identify the corresponding CAEPIPE materials. These materials are merged with the intermediate neutral file to generate the CAEPIPE Batch Input file, which is, in turn, converted to the input file .mod in binary format.
The execution sequence ia as follows.
The interface consists of three parts.
1. PML macro(s) to identify the pipe branches (BRAN elements) in PDMS and to create an intermediate neutral file.
2. PDMS2KP.EXE file to convert the intermediate neutral file to batch input file, recognized by CAEPIPE.
3. The batch input file created by the interface is read by KIN.EXE of the CAEPIPE program to create the model file (.mod) required by CAEPIPE.
- Uses forms and menus to input the name of the input file and identify the branches to be added in the network for transferring to CAEPIPE.
- Transfers the geometry of the pipe(s) routed in PDMS to CAEPIPE
- Interface does not require that all branches be stored under one hierarchy. They can even be part of different DESIGN DB's.
- Provides visual aids to highlight the branches added in the network.
- Transfers pipe section properties and names these sections automatically in CAEPIPE.
- Transfers temperature and pressure of the branch using PDMS attributes TEMP and PRES. Each such unique combination of temperature and pressure will be treated as a load in CAEPIPE.
- Ignores PDMS components like GASK's & LJSE's, which are ignored in CAEPIPE for stress analysis. However the interface takes into consideration the implied length of these components for the purpose of nodal geometry.
- Treats control valves as valve element in CAEPIPE.
- Transfers supports modeled in PDMS to CAEPIPE using ATTA elements in PDMS. However, comment ATTA's are ignored. The data file "SUPPTYP.DAT" lists the various support codes that need to be stored in the UDA ":KPSUPCOD" for ATTA elements.
- Transfers multi-way components like 3-way valve and cross with a simple node point at the origin of these elements.
- Allows the user to choose the vertical direction for CAEPIPE i.e., the vertical direction in PDMS (Z) can be made as either 'Y' or 'Z' in CAEPIPE.